Thursday, July 11, 2013

Faith

Faith is a funny thing. Faith is something that has added inestimable value to my life - faith has provided me with the strength to keep moving forward when there was no evidence outside of me that life was going to get easier anytime soon.

That's what faith is... it's something that exists within us that does not seem to be supported, upheld, or verified outside of us.

The miraculous thing about faith, I believe, is that it tends to prove itself. Keep moving forward, keep trying, keep on believing in whatever it is you believe in, and eventually you will find you have transformed yourself into someone who is capable of birthing into the world a communicable expression of the faith which began it's life within you.

We feel the threads of love,
and they pull us,
and sometimes we become so entangled
as to lose the feel of what we're weaving
alltogether.

But there is promise in their tension,
promise in the sensation of resistance we feel
between life as-it-is
and the murmured hummings
our love-threads tremble into our skin
as they wrap around our body.

That tension is potentiality,
transmuted into kinetic becoming
everytime we take a step
in love's direction.

As we dance with our threads -
as their hum is ignored and invited,
their insistence rejected or responded to -
let us become conscious of our choosings
and trust,
if we have chosen love,
in the time it takes
for tension to play itself out.

Perhaps we don't move at all
but simply grow into master-weavers,
incorporating love's every suggestion
into a new component of our cardigan,
turtleneck, leg warmer or nana blanket...
for the movements of the heart,
as grand as we may try to make them sound,
are everyday ordinary
and require no dramatic upheaval of self.

Unless they do.

As always it's 'yes-and,'
and it's about what's happening right now.

Right now,
faith is happening.
Right now I choose to believe that through dawning self-acceptance
and patient application of truth,
what lives within me will find expression
in our shared reality.

Right now
there is a stillness of perception
which has invited the otherwise fleeting moments
of this work-seeking Wednesday
to fully arrive and meet me here
and the majesty of simple, inconsequential things
quite takes my breath away.

Right now,
it cannot be otherwise
and any moment,
allowed deeply enough,
must also throb with the same selfless love of this moment -
which brings tears to my eyes,
and silence to my pen.

1 comment:

  1. This is the perfect day for me to be reading this, which, as is usually the case, echos where I am heading. I will share this. Thank you for this terrific expression of what our hearts do. I love you.

    ReplyDelete